Tsunade as well as her former teammates Jiraiya and Orochimaru, is a former student of Hiruzen Sarutobi.[ch. 170] Despite looking like a buxom woman in her twenties, Tsunade is actually an older woman in her fifties who uses a transformation technique to maintain her youthful appearance.[ch. 149] Tsunade is also the granddaughter of Hashirama Senju and Mito Uzumaki with many referring to her by the Japanese honorific "hime" (princess). Despite her connections to the first three Hokage, Tsunade hates the position when she is first introduced. After her boyfriend Dan Katō and brother Nawaki Senju die in pursuit of their dreams to become Hokage, she loses faith in the title and the concept of dreams. She regains her faith in both after meeting Naruto Uzumaki, who consistently overcomes any obstacle in his own dreams of being Hokage.[ch. 172] As a result, Tsunade accepts the position of Fifth Hokage to protect Konohakagure on behalf of everyone she has loved,[ch. 169] also later taking Sakura as her apprentice. By the end of the series, Tsunade retires at the end of the Fourth Great Ninja War and bestows the Hokage title to Kakashi. She is last seen in the epilogue attending a meeting with other recent Kage that have also retired.
Despite the importance of her position, Tsunade tends to avoid her everyday duties, instead leaving them for her assistant Shizune. She will fulfill her role to address matters important to the village, and throughout Part II leads Konoha in combating the Akatsuki.[ch. 238] Tsunade is a compulsive gambler with terrible luck, though with a rare winning streak perceived by her as a bad omen. Despite her odd personality, Tsunade is a talented medical ninja who can heal injuries that most others would consider incurable, and also possesses superhuman strength that allows her to reduce buildings to rubble. Tsunade devised a method of mitotic regeneration, the Strength of a Hundred Technique, for herself and Sakura that makes them nearly invincible in battle yet shortens their overall lifespan. In the Japanese anime, Tsunade's voice actress is Masako Katsuki, and her English voice actress is Debi Mae West. In some of the video games, however, her English voice actress is Mary Elizabeth McGlynn.
- Cell Activation Jutsu
- Chakra Enhanced Strength
- Chakra Scalpel
- Chakra Transfer Technique
- Cherry Blossom Clash
- Combined Summoning Technique
- Five Pronged Seal Release
- Four-Corner Sealing Barrier
- Healing Jutsu
- Heaven Kick of Pain
- Heaven Spear Kick
- Mitotic Regeneration: One Hundred Healings
- Nervous System Rupture
- Ninja Art: Mitotic Regeneration
- Ninja Art: Summoning Jutsu: Katsuyu
- Paralysis Genjutsu
- Poison Extraction Jutsu
- Regenerative Healing Jutsu
- Remote Healing
- Reserve Seal
- Reserve Seal: Release
- Transformation Jutsu: Transform
Super Powers Edit
We Shinobi activate are Jutsus by manipulating Chakra. The amount of Chakra that we need for any given Jutsu is largely dependent on the level of that Jutsu. We adjust the amount for each Jutsu we use the stronger the Jutsu the more Chakra we need. So we store up Chakra inside of our bodies so that we can use it at another time.
You also use up Chakra when you use your physical strength. To counter my physical power he used speed to push me back. Naturally one uses Chakra to create speed to. However converting Chakra into Speed consumes that Chakra instantly. We all use a little Chakra even for everyday normal activities.
Weakness: She suffers from Hemophobia. She is afraid of the Sight of Blood
Rule One: A Medic Ninja must never give up on treatment until their patient's dying breath.
Rule Two: A Medic Ninja must never go to the frontlines.
Rule Three: A Medic Ninja should always be the last of their platoon to die!
Rule Four: A Medic Ninja who masters the Ninja Art of Mitotic Regeneration the 100 Healings may break the first three rules.
Your job is to avoid what ever attack I throw at you.
Do not close your Eyes. You are to Watch there Every Move, Before the Attack during the Attack, and After their Attack. You mustn't let the Smallest detail escape you.
Every person has a dominant hand and leg as well as underlying habits and in that movement patterns are revealed. At Chunin or Jounin level though a Shinobi has worked to reduce those habits to better hide there intentions from the enemy's eye. But it's never elimited completely. There are still moments when one can find out the enemy's weak spot. You must discover these flaws as quickly as possible. It will improve your ability to dodge there attacks.
Sexual Harassment EpisodesEdit
- The Secret Origin of the Ultimate Tag Team!
- Things You Can’t Get Back : SH: 3
- "Tsunade" (綱手) means "mooring rope", which is not dissimilar to her brother's name, Nawaki, which means "rope tree". A similar word "tsundere" (ツンデレ), could also be a play on Tsunade's personality.
- In Naruto episode 72, Tsunade was seen in Hiruzen's flashback, however, her official debut was in Naruto episode 83.
- Tsunade shares the same blood type with her former team-mates, Jiraiya and Orochimaru.
- Tsunade was the first female Hokage, as well as the first female Kage, that appeared in the series.
- Tsunade is first mentioned when Might Guy questions Rock Lee, Neji, and Tenten about their goals as genin. Tenten says that she wants to become a great kunoichi and follow the footsteps of the legendary Tsunade. She also made a cameo appearance in the Third Hokage's flashback during his time training the Sannin.
- Studio Pierrot's Settei sheets of Tsunade show that she was 145 cm when she was part of Hiruzen's genin team, and that her high-heeled sandals she currently wears add 5 cm on to her height.
- According to the databook(s):
- Tsunade's hobby is gambling.
- Tsunade wishes to fight Naruto Uzumaki.
- Tsunade's favourite foods are chicken breast and sake, while her least favourite food is liversashimi.
- Tsunade has completed 1,256 official missions in total: 40 D-rank, 236 C-rank, 467 B-rank, 418 A-rank, 95 S-rank.
- Tsunade's favourite phrase is "One grab, a thousand gold" (一攫千金, Ikkaku Senkin), referring to getting rich without much effort.
- While Tsunade's English anime voice actor is Debi Mae West, in some games she is voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, who is Kurenai Yūhi's voice actor. In Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2, while being voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn throughout the story-line, during game-play, most of Debi Mae West's voice-overs from the first game are still used.